In general, the business process management (BPM) concept is crucial for enabling end-to-end management of business processes. However, its value amplifies when integrated with digital technology tools such as business process management software.
In its core, business process management represents a powerful strategy of actions that aim to achieve specific corporate goals. For example, we can classify some of the top small business challenges such as reducing operational costs, attracting and retaining customers, improving the quality of products and services, and driving business growth as a part of this BPM strategy.
In order to reach those objectives, many companies use BPM software, an advanced system able to create the needed workflow, eliminate mistakes, as well as track and measure the organizational performance on the market. For that reason, we’ll explore the system’s features and potential benefits your business could gain by adopting a quality business process management solution.
Business Process Management Features
There are many BPM options that are equipped with a different set of tools when it comes to selecting the best technology for business. But before reviewing a couple of BPM suppliers, keep in mind these must-have software features:
- Collaborative tools for enhanced workflow
- Enabled process customization
- A user-friendly process mapping tool
- Accessibility and mobility
- Tracking, collecting, and reporting on vital information
Currently, the systems capable of transforming organizations and giving support to small businesses include:
- Bpm’online – Bpm software is a cloud-based complete set of BPM tools for sales, marketing, and service automation. Apart from a free trial available on their website, bpm platform offers an engaging and clear interface that help users to quickly get up to speed and see positive results by focusing on relevant information ahead.
This system embraces all the essential features and then some, and it’s recognized by several awards as a leading industry product.
- Nintex – The no code BPM platform is perfect for both basic and complex business requirements. While small organizations and startups could take advantage of the workflow automation, enterprises can benefit from a flexible technology that doesn’t limit or condition their ways of conducting business.
- KiSSFLOW – Many say that Promapp is a solid alternative for KiSSFLOW, but regardless of this competition, this is still a custom-tailored solution for different types of businesses. The system’s useful features offer full user control by enabling the endless creation of automated business apps, including tracking abilities for monitoring process development.In other words, managers can simplify or complicate the workflow, but the real benefit comes from this software’s seamless integration with other tools like G Suite, Office 365, etc.
The importance of business process management optimization can be perceived in terms of:
- Improved Efficiency and Visibility: The common signs of business inefficiency are too much wasted time and money for completing processes that don’t work like they’re supposed to. By choosing to automate, organizations choose to identify and resolve issues, as well as to save extra pennies and precious time. The system enables better utilization of resources while boosting collaboration and visibility for a greater employee performance.
- Better Business Agility: BPM allows a dynamic process management in order to identify and implement changes early on or to simply refine processes. This is of particular value to thriving businesses, since it gives them a competitive advantage on the market.
- Reliable and Secure Practice: The BPM practices provided by reliable suppliers comply with government rules that organizations need to follow. Also, all vital business data are properly documented and safe in the cloud.
- Upgraded Customer Service: BPM ensures consistency in service and complete control over the outcome, in order to meet customer expectations and enhance customer loyalty.
Overall, companies that use business process management software principles soon discover that they have the ability to improve efficiency, reduce costs, and drive productivity to another level. The BPM system creates the best conditions for identifying how processes would work and realizing what type changes businesses need to implement to avoid potential risks.
Considering that software allows customization of processes every step of the way, as well as enabling you to track and calculate the future outcome, it’s no surprise that BPM is so important and an essential tool of business moguls.